Easy to do and sure to succeed. Perfect for an afternoon snack, accompanied by a fragrant cup of tea. We suggest a delicately flavored black tea, such as our Darjeeling TGFOP or Earl Grey.
- 250 g of carrots
- 220g of flour
- 180 g of sugar
- 130 g peanut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 70g of walnuts
- Half a sachet of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Finely grate the carrots and coarsely chop the walnuts as well.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs using an electric whisk, until the mixture is light and frothy.
- Add the seed oil by mixing with the whisk at medium speed.
- Add the flour, always mixing with the whisk at medium speed, followed by the baking powder.
- Incorporate the grated carrots and the chopped walnuts into the mixture, this time mixing with a kitchen spoon or spatula (do not use the electric whisk in this step).
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 22cm diameter cake tin. Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes. The cooking time may vary, it is always better to check with a snack to see if the dough is cooked or not.
For the chocolate sauce: melt a bar in a bain-marie with 50ml of fresh cream, mixing well. Pour when serving.